The University of Saint Francis is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment on-campus to the greatest extent possible. The following guidelines will be in place for all students until further notice. These guidelines are based on local, state, and national guidance, specifically the Center for Disease Control, the State of Indiana, the Allen County Health Commissioner, and Parkview Health.
Practicing Behaviors that Reduce Spread
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself and others, and to reduce spread. Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be provided across campus for your use.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue (when possible) when you cough and sneeze. Carry tissues with you if possible. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Cloth Face Coverings
- In general, the University of Saint Francis will not require face masks, but strongly encourages the practice to continue for the safety of all on campus.
- Face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms. Do it for the people around you.
Other Everyday Measures
- Review the following resources from the CDC
Maintaining Healthy Environments
Cleaning and Social Distancing
- Professional cleaning and disinfection across campus will be enhanced and increased.
- Common space in academic buildings will have restrictions. More information will be provided on-site.
- Maintain a 6-ft distance between you and other people to the best of your ability.
Should You Come to Campus and Class?
If a student does not feel well or has had contact with a COVID-19 positive person, this decision chart will help one determine whether or not they should come to campus and class.
When To Return to Class
Students can safely return to in-person class after a positive COVID-19 test when certain criteria have been met.
Communication from Student Affairs
For Residential Students
Guidelines for the Celebration of Mass and Other Liturgies